Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
The qualified candidate will support the Corporate Director of Food and Beverage and be responsible for culinary creativeness as well as managing the day to day operation for our restaurants and banquets, in order to achieve the highest quality service and guest satisfaction, while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
In addition, the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Assistant Manager also works towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position.
This is a hands-on position that requires an individual to be involved with service on the floor.
- Receive direction from the Food and Beverage Director and assist in the overall management of the F&B operations, including planning and developing daily operations; forecasting and analyzing sales, labor, and profit; and, ensuring compliance with established budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Oversee aspects of catered events including event set-up and execution of event, staffing, supervising events and billing.
- Responsible for the training of all Front of the House staff.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the F&B staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Assist in managing P&L statement. Maintain accurate records for all catered events.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit\’s equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform unit opening and /or closing procedures.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- Previous Food & Beverage Management experience in a Resort Hotel – (3-5 years minimum)
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Banquet/Wedding Management experience preferred.
- Flexible availability to include nights, holidays and weekends.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org