Manager On Duty
The Manager on Duty oversees all property operations during the overnight hours, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
- Oversee all hotel operations during the night to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Manage and support the overnight team including security and night audit.
- Tour hotel premises to ensure the properties and facilities are functional, presentable and safe for guests and team members.
- Maintain strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Communicate any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Send copy of MOD report to management on a daily basis.
- Monitor and develop team member performance including but not limited to: scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training and counseling and delivering recognition.
- Assist in the management of all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, cost controls and overall profitability, systems use and management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports and night audit.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Understand and comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Intervene in any guest/associate situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and associate well-being is preserved.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
- High School Graduate required
- College degree, diploma or formal certification in Hotel Management or equivalent preferred
- Have a minimum of two years Front Office experience (supervisory experience preferred)
- Calm, efficient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your letter of application and resume to email@example.com